We're having friends over for Sunday lunch today and I'm cooking a nice leg of lamb. They should have been coming over a fortnight ago but I'd got the positive test so we postponed until today. Roast lamb is my absolute favourite meat and I'm really looking forward to having our friends share it with us. There'll be Yorkshire puds and mint sauce too and my mouth is watering at the thought. I'm going to pick a couple of swedes (rutabaga) from the garden and plenty of fresh sprouts and Kalettes. It's almost like having my own little grocery store out back. I'll shred some of the sprout leaves and cook them like cabbage, they're so sweet and tender and have been a great addition to the veg patch.
I'm tempted to move into the spare bedroom permanently as I'm getting a bit fed up having to decamp in the early hours. If Tony's snoring continues I'll definitely give it some consideration. Losing a stone stopped him snoring but he's put it all back on and it's like sleeping fuming next to a loud generator. I hate having to drag myself out of a nice warm bed so I might just as well start off in the spare bed.
I dearly love roast lamb too - perhaps because I have it so rarely. It all sounds absolutely delicious!
ReplyDeletexx
Oh Joy, it was delicious.. and continues to be as I use up every single scrap
DeleteRoast lamb is my absolute favourite, too. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHusband and I now sleep in separate rooms, as we both disturbed each other. He doesn't snore much, unless he's lying on his back, but he does fidget a lot....and I mean A LOT, he was constantly waking me up as he bounced me around the bed, elbowed me in the ribs or kicked me in the shins. And if I have a (regular) period of wakefulness, I like to put the bedside lamp on and read until I feel myself dozing again, or get a milky drink and come back up and read in my lovely recliner armchair. We're much better off now we're in separate rooms. I'd say go for it.
It's been lovely to sleep all night without a single disturbance. I'm a different person now.. Bouncing with energy at long last.
DeleteAfter my Covid isolation two nights ago, I stayed sleeping in spare room. The snoring and hear gets to me. What a meal your providing your guests!
ReplyDeleteI've had three nights in the spare room now and my energy levels have flooded back.
DeleteI have slept separate from DH for years. Our sleep patterns and mental health has improved and we still get to cuddle.
ReplyDeleteI feel so much better for a decent sleep.
DeleteHope the dinner goes well. Sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had to get up early for work hubby and I slept apart. Because of my work hours then I really needed every minute of the five/six hours of sleep that were available to me. Now that I don't work we sleep together as I an always take a nap in the day or sleep on the sofa lol.
His snoring is caused by carrying too much weight. He's now on a diet... his choice not my insistence.
Delete