Wednesday, 19 January 2022

Mahoosive chuck out

 This morning at long last I got around to sorting out some junk in my craft room. I've thrown out loads of old cards that I was keeping... why do we hang on to old cards when we never look at them again?  In truth I have a couple of special ones put to one side but the rest have gone the journey. I've gone right through one of my bead drawers and gone are forty or more six inch plastic tubes and the beads have been put into the boxes that I was given the other day.  I've sorted out loads of tubes of beads to send to the charity shop along with a small plastic bead weaving set that I've never used. That's a start and now I've stopped for a cuppa. If the sun reaches the back garden I may well have an hour out there and if it doesn't I might sort through a second bead drawer.  The charity shop will be getting anything that I won't use. It's really liberating to see a clear space appear and I wish the urge would takeover me more often. 

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like good work. I love the space that's left after decluttering. I just have to work on not filling it up again! That's a lucky charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony is going to be chucking stuff out at the weekend...or so he says :-)

      Delete
  2. You have inspired me to start my chucking out of things. I have loads of old cards but will also keep a few special ones. I saw someone had made gift tags from them. I thought that was such a great idea? Was that you? I don’t have time to stay around long enough today to check. I also had a load of stickers but I gave those to my great niece last year. Happy day to you Cherie 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made gift tags before but don't think I ever wrote about them. It's hard throwing away nice cards but I can't go on collecting them.

      Delete
  3. I started clearing out early last year & couldn't offload anything to charity shops at the time because of Covid, but may try again soon. Have fun, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony and I are going to have a massive chuck out on Saturday.. I can hardly wait.

      Delete
  4. I am torn when it comes to decluttering - on one hand I find certain things really hard to get rid of, on the other hand I love it when there is a clearer space. It makes my head feel clearer. I just have to do better with the 'I might need it later' (usually when it comes to books).

    Good for you for getting some of yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Starting a sort out is so hard but it feels amazing when it is all done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete