Thursday, 13 January 2022

I spent the night on the sofa

 If anyone in Britain was kept awake by loud rumbling noises last night you have nothing to worry about. It was only the sound of Tony snoring... I gave up trying to sleep and decamped to the sofa where I slept so soundly that I didn't even hear him go to work. I was actually woken at 06.45 by my friend's wattsapp message asking if I felt up to going for a walk. Tony's snoring is the kick up the backside that I need to spend some time today getting the spare room looking like a spare room. The bed currently has car camping stuff on it so I'll need to find a new home for that today. For the first time in nearly two years I have a couple of exams to invigilate next week and will need a proper sleep before I go. It'll be nice to catch up with everyone.

Yesterday I was full of good intentions to make a start on another craft project. Then I went out to put something in the bin and realised how mild the weather was. Crafting can wait for cold days so I spent a lovely couple of hours out in the garden cutting back dead stalks and tidying up the veggie garden. I've no idea where two hours went as it flew past. I was no longer in the mood for crafting by the time I had finished so after lunch I gave our bedroom a thorough clean. 

This morning I've been out for my walk and Rumikub session with my friend.  She has been having a sort out and offered me three books and some plastic storage boxes.



When I got back home I immediately used two of them to tidy up my spice/baking cupboard. I've thrown away out of date spices and organised everything in a much more user friendly manner... and this was all before a great many people are even thinking about getting up on a morning

Before


After



9 comments:

  1. Impressed with the spices. I once stood on the landing and listened to my husband, father and son all snoring loudly. To be fair, we all had massive colds and I was probably snoring with them an hour later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be nice to see pretty much at a glance where everything is. That way I won't buy more of the same thing.

      Delete
  2. I was up at 5.20am this morning - thanks to Stephen running up and down the bed miaowing and Jon snoring! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always awake at silly o'clock, but I don't get up until 6.20ish as I have realised that cleaning all day for people and not enough rest at my age is not a good combination! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loathe cleaning. It's a necessary evil.

      Delete
  4. DH can snore badly at times too. I was awake at silly o'clock(2.52am) today, had a couple of very short dozey bits & got up at my usual time of 6.30am. Could be slightly grumpy later & what with this muggy heat, will take it slowly, even though I've a mountain to do, even a blog post on the to-do list. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think muggy heat is every bit as miserable as nithering cold. Give me a gentle spring day any day. x

      Delete
  5. Oh new books! I love them. I've read a couple of the authors. Hopefully they are good, fun books.

    Sorry Tony was snoring. My husband's is so bad I wear earplugs and I can sometimes still hear him! I end up on the couch once in a while when it's really bad and I've been shaking him half the night. I feel bad as he has to get up and go to work and I don't.

    ReplyDelete