Saturday, 1 January 2022

Happy New Year

 Hope your  celebrations went well this past festive season.  We saw the New Year in with our friends and had a thoroughly lovely evening. Fireworks were still going off long after we wandered home in the early hours of this morning. 

Yesterday I took my Christmas cards down and one of them caught my eye. It was almost identical in colour and the perfect height to make a dust jacket for the diary that I was given. I don't mind one bit that it says Seasons Greetings and won't be trying to disguise it.

                              


I had to trim a bit off the sides so that it didn't cover the year plan. I used a good bead of PVA and left it to become tacky before folding over the edge. People often wonder why the glue won't stick but it's because they don't give it time to become tacky. A little bit of patience and lots of clothes pegs to hold it in place while it dries is all that's needed. 


The small strip that I cut from the side is perfect as a book mark.



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. That card was a perfect fit. Our stuff goes down today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Sam. As soon as our stuff comes down I'm hoping to get a lot more crafting done this coming year. I need to use up all my stash.

      Delete
  2. Good idea & it looks lovely. I've attached a nice piece of ribbon with good "tacky" glue just inside the spine of notebooks/diaries to use instead of a bookmark, which can sometimes fall out. My Chrissy stuff is all away on 31st so I can start the new year afresh, though my cards are still up due to them coming in dribs & drabs because of the slow postal service at the moment. The ones I posted to UK at the beginning December still haven't arrives "anywhere". Happy New Year to you and Tony too. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete