I'm feeling decidedly rough and can't sleep so I've come downstairs for some ibuprofen and a drink. Not really much point both of us being kept awake by my coughing and sneezing. Tony tested negative when he got home from work and we hope that if he hasn't picked it up by now then there's a good chance he won't. We think he might be immune as he had the antibodies in his blood last year but he will be testing himself every day for the next seven days. I'm a bit fed up as I was due back at the university for a bit of exam invigilating next week. The money would have come in handy and it would have been nice to catch up with all the other invigilators. I do have a couple of exams the following week and I was asked if I was interested in some extra ones when I go back so I don't think I'll be losing much money in the long run. I suppose at least the mornings will be a little bit lighter when I do get back to the Uni. It's not nice catching the train in the dark and I'm already beginning to see a difference in the light levels at 08:00.
Sorry to read you're feeling rough, Cherie, I hope you managed to get some more sleep. You must feel so frustrated. Don't we all wish this bloody C would just bugger right off!! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sooze. It's a flaming nuisance isn't it.. It's disrupted so many lives all over the world.
DeleteI'm sorry you're feeling rough, Cherie. Hope you manage a nap later.
ReplyDeleteThere's no telling how the virus spread, our friend tested positive on Xmas Day, his wife took lateral flow tests every day and tested positive 8 days later. xxx
Thanks Vix. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning but at least I am up and about and able to do a little bit today.
DeleteHope you feel better soon. And it always helps when the days get lighter, even if it's just a few minutes a day.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I always feel that January is the coldest month but at least it isn't so grey and miserable as December. x
DeleteI hope you feel better soon and can get some sleep. The veggies look wonderful. I keep going back and forth whether I want to try to grow anything this year. I know that if I do I shall have to work out how to make sure things are protected from my animal friends. Between the deer and the bunnies I doubt there would be anything left!
ReplyDelete