Friday, 14 January 2022

Brrr, it's been a chilly day

 I couldn't get to sleep for the demon snoring machine last night so I spent the night in the spare room and had the best sleep I've had in a while. I missed my walk as I didn't wake up until 07.45. Not that I would have walked this morning as there was a thick frost and the ground would have been treacherously slippy. It was still frosty when I set off for Whist this afternoon though the sun was warm when we got to Redcar. We had a new chap along today and he will fit nicely with the group. He's friendly and chatty and knows how to play and he thinks his friend might go next week. It was nice to see everyone again as we hadn't played since before Christmas. Tomorrow we have a ceilidh to go to but we aren't expecting there to be many people due to the high covid cases around here.  Hope you are all staying safe and warm/cool. I smile when my friends from down under post about stifling heat. Susan, I've often wondered whether you refer to us Brits as ' down under' or 'up there'  :-)

5 comments:

  1. It was cold here in West Yorkshire, but not frosty. Glad you can get out now that you've had the all clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet up with everyone again today.

      Delete
  2. Not cold here yesterday, but hot & muggy. Reached about 31deg & we had 2 thunderstorms & approx 20mls of rain. Some more thunder rolled round while we watched the Ashes test last night & I did have to laugh at some of the Barmy Army dressed in convict rags. Hope you know what I'm talking about? We do say "over there" when talking & still having family in Yorkshire & friends scattered about UK too, we mention it a lot. And......I do actually have a convict ancestor!! Take care, stay safe & hugs from "the land down under".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day! At least you were able to get some sleep in the spare room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear you've been released Cherie, and are back onto the card hustling ;) x

    ReplyDelete