Friday, 21 January 2022

City, coast or country?

 Some people love the coast and others are city lovers. I'm a country girl at heart and it got me wondering what sort of area you live in.  The only time Middlesbrough is ever mentioned on the news it shows the deprivation in the grottiest part of the town that they can find.  What they don't ever share is how beautiful it actually is here. Property prices are crazy low compared to the rest of the country and this is my walking route.  Its about half an hours walk from my front door and is about five minutes in the car.  Next time Middlesbrough comes on the news please don't assume the  whole area is like that. The link below gives a birds eye view of how lovely it actually is here... but don't all flock north, we like it nice and quiet.. :-)

        Google Maps


11 comments:

  1. I'd love to live by the coast, I really would. As it is, I'm right on the edge of town - one more house and then it is farmland, which is jolly useful. I'd like it to be more hilly but I'm happy here.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my idea of heaven. What do they grow there?

      Delete
  2. I've lived in a city since 1988 but I miss country walks and I miss being so far from the coast. I've never got used to it and I'm finding more and more that I get better for being in a less urban area. I clicked on the link and that looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never lived in a city and I can see that it has advantages but I need green space around me.

      Delete
  3. Love the country, but not too far from the coast. I grew up in outer Sydney & always wanted to marry a farmer so I could live in the country, but alas life happened & we've lived in many lovely places on the eastern side of Oz. BTW....we've driven through where you live a couple of times & I've a photo I took of Roseberry Topping. Take care & stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've driven along the same roads as us Susan. I do hope you get to England again and I can make you a nice cup of tea. I'll even use my best Royal Albert china :-)

      Delete
  4. I guess I am a smallish town girl, but like access to both the city and the country. I could never have neighbors on top of me or attached beside me so don't see myself in a condo or townhouse other than vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houses in our price bracket here are practically on top of one another. The newer houses have even less outside space and I'd hate to buy a new house here. Give me an older property with plenty of garden.

      Delete
  5. Sadly I live in a town/city. I grew up in Ipswich but it wasn't far from the coast and I have to admit that I love the coast/shore. Where we live now is only about 40 miles from Lake Michigan (which in the big scheme of things here in the US, really close). We go to visit almost every weekend for a drive.

    Our dream is, that when hubby retires, to move up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where there are more trees than people and towns are small. We dream of having some land where I can take lots of photos and husband can have space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky enough to have the best of both worlds. We're fifteen minutes by car to the coast and five minutes to the countryside. My neighbourhood is really green too and I only need to walk around the corner to be in green space.

      Delete
    2. Ah I wish! I do have the nature park close to me but not quite the same. I want to be able to just step outside and see nature lol.

      Delete