Wednesday, 5 January 2022

Blimey, that was quick

 Yesterday I had to go online to order a home test PCR as there weren't any appointments at PCR testing sites in the North East. It arrived about a half hour ago.  I saw our postie arrive, opened the back door and stood well back.  I smiled when I saw Steve our postie's arm wafting the package around the door.   I asked him to leave it on the step which he did and then went on to tell me that quite a few in our neighbourhood were having tests delivered lately. 

I felt a bit rough first thing but have perked up a bit and been out into the garden to gather the ingredients for a hearty winter salad.  There are two varieties of kale, rainbow chard, baby carrot thinning's, radishes, Florence fennel stalks, kallete leaves, beetroot leaves, a spring onion, a calendula flower and some Brussels sprout leaves. I also added the last of the tomatoes from my store, a good handful of sauerkraut and some shop bought beetroot. To finish off the salads I tossed in a good handful of grated cheese and a dollop of Mayonnaise.I used all the stalks from the leafy veg too. They are as tender as anything and beautifully sweet and nutty now that frost has been on them


So that's a nice healthy light lunch for Tony and I until the weekend just in case I take a turn for the worse and don't feel like preparing anything over the next couple of days.



5 comments:

  1. Had to laugh about your postman! People like him who still have to go to work are taking risks all the time, aren't they? And I don't think they get enough recognition for it. Great idea to do the lunches for the next few days, looking after yourself well. Hope you feel better soon, Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. I've kept myself busy all morning and am stopping for a cuppa and a bit of a rest.

      Delete
  2. That salad looks great. I'm glad that you perked up, sending good vibes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are now in recovery mode & your salad sounds healthy & delicious. Our posties don't have to come to the door as we have letterboxes at the front gate & they use either a "postie" motor bike or an electric push bike in more built up areas or sometimes even on foot in CBDs. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful salad.
    Hoping you continue to improve.
    xx

    ReplyDelete