Wednesday, 29 December 2021

Lovely fresh salad

 I've been out into the garden and gathered together a lovely fresh salad for tea tonight. I've added Spring onions, Florence fennel, beetroot leaves, sprout leaves, kale leaves, radish, baby carrots and lettuce all from the garden. Then I chucked in some shop bought pickled beetroot and a good handful of homemade sauerkraut. To add a little bit of sweetness I added an apple from our store.  If you have space for an apple tree then I can highly recommend Red Falstaff for it's keeping qualities. They are as fresh and crisp as they were when I picked them from our tree.The tiny tomatoes are from our store and there's still a few left to see us into the new year. Virtually every tiny tomato that I almost threw away has ripened and taste beautifully sweet. I'm so glad I decided to keep them when I was stripping the plants.




6 comments:

  1. A lovely crisp, healthy salad Cherie! I am nodding in approval, as I shove into my chops a chocolate crunchie bar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of ingredients from your own garden in December. An apple salad sounds really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely with the addition of good cheese and walnuts.

      Delete
  3. Well done on fresh salad from the garden & store mid-winter. Looks great, though my other half doesn't like salad very much, so although we do eat it, not very often & the more basic "salad" ingredients. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. Hope you are having a lovely Christmas. x

      Delete