Wednesday, 1 January 2020

A smashing night out

We thoroughly enjoyed the ceilidh last night and I managed to get up for around half of the dances. I spoke to the band when I went in and asked if they would let me know which dances were a little slower.   I avoided any 'strip the willow' kind of dances and avoided the Gay Gordons and Dashing White Sergeant but other than that I managed to shuffle around with the leg brace and had a smashing time. As is the usual routine at the ceilidh we saw in the new year and then came home. Today we are having a duvet day AKA a really lazy day. There is a salad in the fridge for lunch and at some point today I will cook our roast dinner. Other than that I have no real plans for today. Tony will eventually crawl out of bed and land on the sofa for the day.. He didn't drink a vast quantity of alcohol so won't have a hangover and I am sure he'll just chill out in front of the TV.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic and really well done for pushing on through! Have a lovely and restful day today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a good time and I love the way you blinged your brace! I think " Bling your Brace" could be a good title for a jolly dance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a proper New Year's Eve gathering, and a wonderfully restful New Year's Day :)

    ReplyDelete