Tony's work colleague came over to our house for a cuppa last night. I think Tony has them all baffled at his Mr Christmas persona at this time of year and he wanted to see if it was all for real... What a lovely young man he was. Chatty and friendly and really good company. After he left, Tony went for his usual couple of pints and I watched Christmas films on TV with a nice glass of fruit cider to keep me hydrated . Well dehydration can be serious if you don't look after yourself can't it. :-) . Come the New Year I will be getting my craft things out and doing some serious crafting. I haven't felt much like doing anything of a craft nature really so I am planning on taking charge of my life again.
Today I am going out for a Christmas lunch with some friends. My aim is to only eat a light lunch but that might change when I look at the menu. I have made a new page at the top of my blog and I hope to chart my climb back into healthy eating mode and return to a healthy weight. If I can lose twenty pounds in 2020 then I will fit back into all my clothes without looking like the Pilsbury dough boy. My weight this morning wasn't too bad considering the amount of festive food that I have consumed these past few weeks but I will feel so much fitter if I can lose the blubber. .. 10st 11oz. is my weight today and I am sure that I will gain a little more in the next fortnight...
well ive 3 xmas cards and a single ornament ...proper Grinch style
ReplyDeleteBah humbug... :-)
DeleteChristmas films certainly help! We watched a bunch last weekend on our Christmas with our daughter and it was a lot of fun! I don't get on the scales anymore. I decided that I've spent far too many years worrying about weight and going up and down. Now I do it by clothes fit. I haven't changed sizes for a while and things aren't tight, I get out and walk so I'm as happy as I will be. I've finally figured out - after almost 50 years of life - that I'll never be thin.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't say that I am worried about my weight but I don't like being fat. I am determined to work hard and lose the weight I have gained since my operation
DeleteYou'll be able to lose it; you are so disciplined. You used to do all of that walking. I'm rooting for you. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with Tony's friend from work. I'm sure he was very impressed with your Christmas decorating.
ReplyDeleteYou are right Stephenie. I shall thoroughly enjoy Christmas and then I will take myself in hand and lose the extra pounds
DeleteOne has to keep oneself hydrated at this time of year! Cheers, Cherie. x
ReplyDeleteIt would be selfish of me to become dehydrated and unwell... :-)
Delete