Tuesday, 31 December 2019

All set for the New Year's Eve ceilidh

Tony and I popped over to Tesco and bought a few things  to share at the ceilidh tonight. We were good as gold at lunchtime  :-) I threw together a huge salad and we each had a big portion with a small slice of ham. Blimmin lovely it was too.  I put enough of the salad in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch then it's full on roast pork dinner later tomorrow. It will only be the two of us as the kids are going to be away in Sheffield seeing in the New Year.

I had really hoped that my leg would be strong enough to be able to enjoy the dancing.  Sadly that isn't the case but I plan to put the leg brace on and give it my best shot. I've had a practice wearing it and I am sure it will be ok.  My waddling trot will have to suffice for skipping but if I struggle too much I will just have to sit out and enjoy the music and atmosphere.

This is my last post this year so can I take the opportunity to wish you all a very peaceful and kind coming year.  I hope 2020 gives you enough of everything to make life comfortable. I hope the year is a kind one to you all.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the ceilidh even if you can't dance. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I hope 2020 is a wonderful year for you. x

      Delete
  2. That sounds delicious. I am making a big salad today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration, Cherie; you've managed so much where others would have given up. I hope you enjoy the ceilidh, and wish you and your family all the best in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Jenny. I hope 2020 is a great year for you. x

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a fabulous time tonight.
    A Very Happy New Year to you and Tony.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping you had a wonderful time, whatever the limitatons. Have a wonderful and very happy and healthy 2020.
    xx

    ReplyDelete