Tuesday, 17 December 2019

A little bit of festive cheers

I have had a very industrious day today. After my morning walk  I came over all domesticated. The green Christmas bedding has been swapped for the red set........... I'll show you tomorrow....... All the green set is now washed, dried and put away for next year. Then I made a huge and very tasty lasagne ... completely forgot that Tony was having a Christmas lunch today and we are having supper with friends tomorrow.  I had some of it for my tea but the rest will do for Thursday with a nice mixed salad.

Tony needed to pick up a few things this evening so we decided to pop into T**** for a little shop and spotted some Babycham.  Well I do like a little glass of Babycham at Christmas. Funny really but we never buy it any other time of the year. Tony bought me two Babycham glasses at a salesroom a long time ago and I only ever drink my Babycham from them. Cheers everyone

Decorated  bars of chocolate for the kids across the road

My little festive tipple

7 comments:

  1. It's really nice to have a few specials that you only have at certain times. It all adds to the atmosphere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my tastes have changed as I found it to be a bit watery. I may have to think of something else to drink at Christmas

      Delete
  2. I love how you're spreading the festive feeling over weeks rather than days (or, worse, over one day), Cherie. You have inspired me to think of how I could do the same. I do enjoy shopping and the little bit of decorating we do, and the making of Christmas crafts (which I do earlier in the fall), but I know I can do better, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony and I absolutely love Christmas. I thoroughly enjoy cooking festive meals to share with friends and I adore listening to the old crooners singing Christmas songs.

      Delete
  3. Do you remember that jingle, "Everyone loves babycham, the genuine champagne perry"?? Happy Christmas, Cherie, to you and Tony. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that jingle Hazel. Merry Christmas to you too.. I must get back on Ravelry and see what you have been making.

      Delete
  4. You are such an enthusiastic decorator. I love the chocolate bars.

    ReplyDelete