Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Absolutely bushed today

I know I said that I would post a pic of the veggie plot today but to be honest I am just too darned tired.  Tony worked nightshift last night and I don't sleep very well when he isn't in bed next to me.  I went to work before he came home as I left the house at 07:00 and he wasn't home until 08:00. When  I got home around one thirty I made a start digging the hole for the new pond.  I dug until I could dig no more and then sat in the conservatory where it was a bit cooler.  I am finding that the older I get the less I can work outside in the heat of a hot sunny day.... it's a great excuse for a sit in the shade with a good book and a cool drink.. I did cook a very nice smoked salmon pasta for tea though and I think it might be washed down a little later this evening with a glass of white wine and lemonade.  I think a hot radox bath is calling first though as my poor aching back is complaining. Can't promise a picture of the garden tomorrow either as I may have melted in the sun if it is as hot as this afternoon was.

My recipe for a really simply but yummy salmon pasta to serve four

I pack of sliced smoked salmon (about £2.40 aldi's)

1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (about 89p Aldi's)

As much pasta as you want as we all like different amounts

1 or 2 tablespoons of mayonaise



Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling lightly salted water until it is almost cooked

Shred the salmon and slice the tomatoes in half..  Drain the pasta and immediately throw in the tomatoes and salmon. Cook for a few minutes until the salmon loses its raw look and then stir in the mayo.   It takes less than twenty minutes and is really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment