Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Butterfly

I have had another commission.... a butterfly.  It is part finished so I thought I would show you how it will look when it is finished.  The brown one is one that I was commissioned to make a couple of years ago.  They each take many hours to make and are stitched together one bead at a time. The yellow butterfly is one that I  made for myself about ten years ago. I have made many more since the first one and each one is a totally unique piece of beadwork.

It reminded me of this lovely song........  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlonbaGoPSw


and the lyrics if you haven't heard this before


Lyrics to Butterfly (engl.) 
You are bright as a night full of moon
Butterfly you have left much too soon
You have found you have wings and now you wish to fly
Please don't go, oh please don't say good bye.
Butterfly, my Butterfly though I know you must be free
Butterfly, don't flutter by, stay a little while with me.
In your mind there's someone far away
And you'll miss all the fun if you stay
You believe that love is elsewhere to be found
But you're wrong, it's here, just look around.
Butterfly, my Butterfly now I know you must be free
Butterfly, don't flutter by, stay a little while with me.
Look around, look around and you'll see
Better loved then by me you won?t be
And if you fly away you'll break my heart in two
Please don't go  I'm so in love with you.
Butterfly, my Butterfly though I know you must be free
Butterfly, don't flutter by, stay a little while with me.
Butterfly, my Butterfly though I know you must be free
Butterfly, don't flutter by, stay a little while with me.
Butterfly, my Butterfly though I know you must be free
Butterfly, don't flutter by, stay a little while with me.
Choose your colour palette.  £35 each... includes uk post and packing.



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful bead work, these look amazing.
    Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherie this is wonderful bead work. Hugs Jackie just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These butterflies are beautiful.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, they must take you ages to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherie! Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I'm glad you did for you blog is great and chock full of inspiration so I am now a follower! Wonderful crafts and tips! Thanks for sharing and you're most welcome to follow my blog and visit again as I'd love to hear from you again!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete