Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 12 November 2014

My lovely new (kind of) cabinet

Today I 'have to wait in' (forgive me while I pick myself up from the floor for laughing as I seldom go anywhere during daylight hours other than to work) to await the delivery of a lovely little wooden display cabinet that we spotted in a charity shop last week.
Now why do I need another cabinet and where on earth will I put it I hear you thinking?.... yes I can. Well several years ago Tony and I visited Westonbirt Arboretum and as a wedding anniversary present we bought the complete set of poppy china,  complete means we bought the jugs, teapots in two sizes, mugs in two sizes a lovely fruit bowl and a vase, as well as the usual plates, bowls and sideplates etc.  It had been beautifully wrapped in tissue and had been sitting forlornly in a cupboard since we bought it.  In a moment of madness.......bearing in mind that I am married to the clumsiest bloke in Britain..... I decided to clear one of my kitchen worktops and display it all there with the intention of using it now and then. It was only there two days when Tony opened the cupboard and dropped a jar of Marmite killing two of the plates.  He was gutted (again) but these things happen..... 'over and over again'...... Anyway, the china is now safely back in the cupboard where he can't kill any more pieces.  So that is why I NEED another cabinet.  The one we spotted in the charity shop will fit perfectly into a spot in the conservatory and it means that my lovely china can be displayed properly without any risk of ' Conan The Destroyer' aka Tony' getting anywhere near it. I am still heartbroken about my beautiful Dartington Crystal jug that he murdered a couple of months go.  And the  Christmas teapot the year before last. I don't know why I buy nice mugs when he would be far safer around paper cups and plates.  I must buy at least four new ones every year. I am down to 2 bowls from the 8 that we bought a few years ago..........I could go on but the list is endless and I can already see you glazing over.


edited to add a photo.....  Isn't it beautiful. There are two glass shelves too . I can't believe that anyone would throw it out.



3 comments:

  1. Harlequin sets Dahling. Nothing matches for long in this house, I have a selection of oafs not just one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's a stunning cabinet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! glass shelves alone would have cost a few bob x

    ReplyDelete