Monday, 30 April 2018

The pots unmoulded

I unmoulded them with a little trepidation this afternoon.  I needn't have worried as they simply  popped off the moulds. Although they dried really well I noticed that the fabric was showing through in a few areas. This created a few weak spots and I felt that the tops of the pots were quite flimsy. I spent an hour painting on a cement/sand slurry and hopefully when they are dry I will be able to plant them up with pretty bedding plants...
These are a little rougher around the top than I would have liked but heck, it's my first try.  Practice makes perfect.... and I have plenty of cement  :-)


  1. Oh, I really like these, even if they only lasted one season they are simple enough to make each year and very individual. Brilliant.

  2. Fabulous pots Cherie, I have never tried making them but my sister has a couple of times.

    Hugs Diane

  3. That's an interesting experiment. I've watched those videos, they look really good. Don't think I will be having a go, I'm too tight to buy the cement, and it's too messy for me, I'm a wimp.

  4. They are looking brilliant. Emma