Yesterday after a few false starts I made a start on this little crochet project. I don't have a pattern and am simply making it up as I go along. It is looking really pretty now that it has begun to grow. I have no idea how big I will make it yet. I might just keep going and make a small tablecloth.. and I might not, time will tell.
The flowers from the lovely bouquet that Tony bought the other week are just starting to go over. The thick fleshy stalk from the hyacinths had collapsed even though the flowers still looked and smelt gorgeous. I didn't want to just throw them on the compost pile so thought I would try drying them in the dehydrator. Being very fleshy flowers I wasn't sure how successful this would be. They are doing really well so far and will make a pretty addition to my pot pourri. I snipped a few other flower heads too just to see how well they will dry.