Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Fighting a bug

Tea is in the oven... Pork chops, mmmmmmmm. I layered some sliced potatoes into an oven dish.  Drizzled them with olive oil and gave them a sprinkling of salt and coarsely ground peppercorns. I cooked them for 15 minutes and then tossed some sliced onions over the potatoes. I have layered a couple of lovely chops on top and covered it all with foil.  It is now roasting away in the oven and I will steam a load of veg to go with it. I am trying to empty the freezer in order to defrost it ready for all the lovely Christmas treats.  I need to buy some yogurt so that I can wizz it up with tthe fruit that is in the freezer. It will make a lovely dessert... healthy too.

I'm feeling more than a little rough and could really do with an early night tonight.  Unfortunately it is my carving club committee meeting night. We have a few things on the agenda that need addressing so I don't really feel that I can miss the meeting. Oh well, we soldier on.

7 comments:

  1. Mmm, tea sounds delicious! Hope you get over that bug soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear,Wishing you better.I hope you were not out too long.I love that meal and will be nicking it from you hee hee.Thanks for that.Get Well Soooon.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee. I can't decide if I am feelinging better or worse today. It will turn one way or another. The pork chops were yummy and so easy to cook. I will be doing it again sometime soon. xx

      Delete
  3. Ugh....I wouldn't wish this cold on anybody. It has been....and still is horrible.
    Take care of yourself.
    Tea sounds so good.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I thoroughly enjoyed my tea.

      Delete