Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Thank you all

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  My birthday isn't actually until Sunday and I shall be considerably more than 21 but a lady never discloses her age... :-) I have been sorting through my craft stash again today and chucking out yet more utter junk.  Heaven knows why I kept teenie scraps of paper... I am a truly reformed character since the flood.  Well maybe not completely but I am looking at all the stuff I don't use and getting rid of it all.  Tony is becoming a regular at the charity shop, they will be on first name terms if my de junking continues.It is really hard to let go but I need   the space more than I need to hang on to unused items.  Perhaps the flood was a bit of a blessing although it didn't feel like it at the time.. We are still waiting to hear how much we will get from the insurance company but the mould is progressing through the kitchen and it is quite vile if I look inside the cupboards. 

On a completely different theme,I have been busy crocheting. You may recall that I bought two nice stools at a car boot sale recently?  Well last night I crocheted a little cover for one of them.I don't want the plant pot to scratch all the wood (the plant pot is heading for a makeover sometime soon) and this little crocheted cover adds a splash of colour in the conservatory. It also  used up some of my yarn stash


2 comments:

  1. My life seems to be one long declutter at the moment. luckily I have a sister who now crafts so she is getting a steady stream of parcels. The latest of a starter set forpatchwork and quilting is ready to go today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crochet work Cherie :-)

    ReplyDelete