Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday, 3 July 2017

Local Open gardens

Tony and I spent a smashing two days wandering around the open gardens in Stokesley this past weekend.  I must say though that with only a few exceptions they weren't a patch on those in Brightlingsea.  They have set the bar very high down there. The weather was glorious and this was a relief after the horrendous rainfall we had last week.  Tony and I were amazed that everywhere wasn't waterlogged. In fact there wasn't the tiniest hint of soggy ground underfoot as we wandered from garden to garden with our programme..  It was a great way to get some inspiration for our own garden and we met some lovely people. We bought a few plants and  sampled some very nice home made cakes while we were wandering around.  One of the gardens had some beautiful almost black Aoniums in the border and I managed to buy one from the friend of one of the people opening their garden.  I collected it this afternoon and am busy swotting up on how to take care of it.  I will upload a few photo's in the next day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment