Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 30 July 2017

Mint tea and pretty china

One of my weaknesses is pretty china.  In my kitchen cupboard  I have a sweet little china tea set that has languished hidden away for far too long. This was bought for me when I was a very young woman and is in daily use.  It wasn't expensive at the time and even though the quality is nothing like my beautiful Royal Albert 'Old Country Roses' set I love drinking mint tea from the pretty cups.
Today, Tony and I had a run up to Ikea in Gateshead for some inspiration. We spent nearly two hours there just wandering about looking at the great ideas for storage. While we were  browsing we saw some chrome 'dish drainers'  and I thought it would be a great way to display the china on  one of my kitchen worktops.  I was right and it looks really pretty.. One day I will have a tiny cottage with a Welsh dresser in to dislay my beautiful china.  It will have a country kitchen with a stable door overlooking the huge veggie garden and chickens in a coop..   Until then I can dream.




4 comments:

  1. I like your dream. And until then your china looks very pretty on its stand. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, dreams do come true though. Very pretty china.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the
    post I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found
    it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams can come true........

    ReplyDelete