Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday, 21 July 2017

Lovely lavender and a piece of wrapping paper

Yesterday I picked a posy of lavender to stand beside my bed.  It looked really pretty in the little glass bottle (upcycled of course).  Well. for as long as I can remember I have wanted to paint my bedside cabinets but Tony has said that he will sand them down... I am talking many many years here.  I very much doubt that they will ever get sanded unless I do them myself. Unfortunately this means that they have looked really shabby and yucky.  Last night I took a roll of wrapping paper and simply cut it to size and sellotaped it to the top of the cabinets and the chest of drawers... I told Tony that he would need to be a bit careful how he places things on there or it will tear.  Guess what he said?????  That looks nice, why don't you decoupage it on and varnish over it.... grrrrrrrr... :-)   In truth I wouldn't want this particular paper as a permanent thing but it does mean that I can now look for a one that I would like to have.








1 comment:

  1. Oh well, you tried lol ;-)
    I think it looks lovely and especially with the lavender :-)

    ReplyDelete