Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 18 July 2017

I've fallen in love

Last night, Tony and I went for a drive along the coast. We called into a tiny little fishing village called Staithes and I fell instantly in love with the village. It is filled with teenie weenie little cottages crammed into tiny little spaces. I am not normally a great fan of seaside towns..... with a few exceptions. But I would move to Staithes in the blink of an eye. I recall having visited there about thirty years ago and I am clearly a different person now as it had no effect on me at all back then. Sadly,the town is filled with holiday cottages so I assume it must be  quite empty in winter but oh how wonderful it would be to live there.
While we were walking through the village I noticed a large plastic box on top of a post. It was filled with packets of huge home made scones... four for £2. The post had a plastic 'honesty cup' on it  where you left  the money. I bought four and placed my money in the cup. It makes me feel so good about people when I come across that sort of thing. We have occasioanly spotted them at someone's gate or the edge of a countrylane. People sell everything from fresh eggs to fruit and vegetables and homemade jam and chutney. I have taken a photo of Tony sitting outside a  pretty little cottage.  Every spare inch on the tiny frontage was filled wth colourful plants.  It just goes to show how much colour can be packed into a tiny space.  





2 comments:

  1. Staithes is a lovely little village. You chose a beautiful day on which to visit. We visited last year as one of Lily's favourite tv programmes is filmed there, but unfortunately it was raining.
    I remember there was a cake on sale in the cafe which is specific to the area but I can't remember the name of it. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Staithes featured on a couple of relocation type programs. It was a while ago and even then the property prices were high, I must say that I found it very appealing.

    ReplyDelete