Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 26 July 2017

After the flood

Following the flood that we had two weeks ago I have taken a good hard look at what I keep in my kitchen cupboards.  I realise that I have a lot of wasted space out there so as soon as it is all sorted I will take a good hard look at what goes back in my cupboards. My cutlery drawer is full to bursting and two people do not need that many of everythng... Ditto the tea towel drawer... Crikey, how many tea towels should two people need? The 'junk drawer' will get a thorough sort and anything in the back of cupboards that has not been used in living memory is heading for the charity shop. In truth I would love an old house with a proper pantry.  I couldn't care less about a 'state of the art' fitted kitchen,. I don't have (or want) a dishwasher and the tumble dryer lives in the garage.  I seldom use it and could really live without it.  I keep it as it comes in handy for drying towels in the winter. My friend Elaine has the perfect size tiny kitchen in her cottage in France. It would suit me right down to the ground.

1 comment:

  1. When our dishwasher broke we said only 2 of us we will wash up by the end of the week we couldn't get a new one fast enough as for tumble dryer use it all the time can't be bothered pegging out especially socks and underwear lazy I guess

    ReplyDelete