Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 29 June 2017

The music festival quilt

Tony and I are heading back down to our favourite place in Essex for the music festival.in a few weeks time. Last year my friend Anona and I agreed that we would each make a small picnic rug size quilt in time for the festival.  I had already started on one a couple of months ago but yesterday I started again from scratch.  I wasn't originally going to post the photo until after the festival but d'ya know what?  Here is a preview of it so far.  I am only sharing this picture because this is only the base for all manner of other twiddly bit additions. I finished the hand stitching on the edging band last night and it made me realise just how much I enjoy sewing by hand.  I might make a handstitched heirloom quilt sometime soon. Don't hold your breath though as it will take a long time it won't be a quick patchwork.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. I continued working on it this evening

      Delete