Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Hot lips

Today I am going out for lunch with my son and then we are going for a wander around the garden centre.  Alexander is going to buy me a yellow lupin if we can find one but first let me tell you about my free plants.  
Last Monday I bought myself a beautiful variety of Salvia called Hot lips  .... I actually thought it was a Penstemom... I live and learn...

 Anyway, in the bottom of the carrier bag I found a few pieecs that had snapped off the plant so I popped them into a glass of water to see if they would root...... They did and the roots are about an inch long....


3 comments:

  1. That is a super cool plant and what a result getting extra freebies :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have put that variety in my garden a couple of times but it never comes back the next year. I have now given up as it obviously doesn't like my garden.It will be interesting to see if it does well with you.I too like free plants.

    ReplyDelete