Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 28 June 2017

A very lucky evening

Last night at our carving club Tony won a bandsaw in the raffle.  Then I won a beautiful hand crafted birdbox. The raffle takes place four times a year and the prizes are always related to woodworking.  There is always a prize of an £80 gift voucher which can be spent in a woodworking shop.  We didn't choose that as we have enough chisels to stock a small shop. We long standing members rarely take the voucher, we prefer to leave it for new members to win.  On the way home we called into our local Spar and found some large cheese topped rolls that had been reduced to 40p.  Tony is having two of them for work today. I filled them with cooked chicken and salad so he should thoroughly enjoy them. The chicken cost £2 from Tesco for a tray of about 17 drumsticks. I cooked eight in the oven yesterday and left them to cool for Tony's packed lunches. The rest I made into a big panful of chicken curry. We had some for tea with noodles last night and the rest will be served with plain rice tonight.  Easy day ahead but I need to get on and finish a quilt today.


No comments:

Post a Comment