Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 21 May 2017

Feeling humble

I have just got off the phone after talking to my friend Ted who is in hospital.  He was told this morning that the operation he had last week was not succesful and he now has to have another operation to remove his leg.  Ted is eighty three years old and one of the kindest people that Tony and I know.  Several years ago his eldest son was beaten up by a gang of thugs. He lost his leg due to the attack and was left with a serious brain injury. He is now in a residential care home.  Ted's beloved wife Edith died suddenly last year and he was shaken to the core.   About six months ago he bought himself a new car which is his pride and joy and this lovely man simply said.. 'I will have to see if I can get an automatic when I have had my op'. He told me that he has been counting his blessings and has seen many people far worse off than he is.  I feel thoroughly humble after speaking to him today.

1 comment:

  1. No matter how bad things are for "us" there are always people in a worse situation :-)

    ReplyDelete