Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 26 April 2017

I have a new project

A couple of days ago I received a lovely package through the post. If anyone is interested in decorating one of their own I ordered two units and the paper packs online from The Works.....  This morning I made a start decorating it.  I am leaving it to dry before I use a sharp scalpel to trim it. I could have used my circle punch to do it but think a scalpel would be more accurate. One of the sets of drawers will house some of my button collection and the other set I want to use to store the little colour blends of wool that I have made for various projects.  I always make a bit more than I need and it would be a shame for it all to end up as one big mud coloured mess if I just bag it. 

I did consider painting the units white before I started putting the paper on but I prefer the grain in the plywood.  I will varnish it all when the paper is dry and has been trimed. As soon as it is finished and decorated with little handles I will post another picture ..... so many crafts, so little time.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. What a blimmin faff on though. I mod podged all the paper and then gave each drawer and the unit a coat of vanish... each side, top and bottom. It seemed to take forever.

      Delete