Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 29 April 2017

Homeless man

In town today we walked past a homeless man in a sleeping bag on the pavement. We called into a little takeaway bakery and bought him a coffee and a slice of cake.. The lovely cafe owner gave us the coffee free for the chap. When we handed it over a group of young people walked past and said 'What a lovely thing to do.  Just as we turned to walk away some young teenage girls brought him a cup of coffeee and a handful of biscuits.  Do you know what, I was so touched by the action of those young people. With all the bad stuff happening in the world I still see that the world really is filled with kind people? I was really touched by their kindness. Poor bloke will be desperate for the loo by the time he had finished two big cups of coffee but I hope it brightened his day a bit. 

6 comments:

  1. You are a Good Samaritan Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to do occasional RAK Alison. Just little things that might brighten someones day. It doesn't have to cost a great deal to make a difference to someones day.

      Delete
  2. It is so sad in this day and age seeing people like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say that we never know what is around the next corner. It could happen to any one of us

      Delete
  3. So kind of you, the cafe owner and the teenage girls! I love to hear of these happenings. Thanks for your comment on John's blog. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely to hear a story like that.

    ReplyDelete