Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 22 March 2017

The Viceroys House

Tony and I went to the cinema yesterday for the first time in absolutely ages.  We used our 'buy one get one free' voucher from Compare the Meerkat. ...It made the cost of going to the cinema very reasonable.
The film we chose to see was The Viceroy's House... it was a good film but was particlarly moving as my friend Tripta was part of the 14 million people that left their homes to make a new life when India was partitioned.  She was only a baby at the time and so doesn't remember any of it, but it broke her heart to think what her own mum went through. Poor Tripta cried throughout the film and it made me stop and consider how I would feel to be forced to leave everything that was dear and familiar to me...... In truth I don't think that anyone who hasn't had to face it could possibly understand it.

1 comment:

  1. We have the same insurance deal, we have been a few times this year, we don't go out often but really enjoy a trip to the cinema and will do it much more often now x

    ReplyDelete