Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 16 March 2017

Sprats

Tony and I popped into Tesco for a quick top up shop today. While I was buying a rainbow trout for tea I noticed Sprats for sale. I have never tried them before so I thought I would  buy four. I didn't want to buy more just in case I am not keen.  The grand vast cost of four Sprats..... 15p........ hardly broke the bank now has it. Now I am going to have a look on tinternet to see how best to cook them...... It did make me stop and think about how much a life is worth though.

Update on the sprats.... Mine were considerably larger than some that I saw on Tinternet.  I couldn't bring myself to eat them while they watched me so I cut the heads and tails off. Then I slit them along the belly and washed out any nasty bits. I drizzled them with olive oil, sprinkled black pepper and a bit of fresh lemon zest over them.. a couple of minutes under the grill and they were done...... verdict.... A bit like sardines... and I am not overly keen on sardines. Oh well, at least I can say that I have tried them.  I might buy a few more and try them deep fried before I give up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment