Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Roots

Some time ago a friend gave Tony and me a whole pile of wood for the log burner. Amongst the pile was this fantastic root and as soon as I saw it I thought  'Medusa'.  In truth I had completely forgotten about it until I was emptying wood out of the garage today.   The root is coming to carvers with me tonight and I plan to make a start. Several years ago we had a smashing lady in the club called Mary.  This lady would spend all evening working on bashed gnarly roots and bits of driftwood. Mary never actually carved any of them but somehow she created the most wonderful sculptural pieces with nothing more than a whittling knife.  If ever I get to be a fraction of the artist that she is I will be proud.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this will be interesting. Can't wait to see what you do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has inspired me. I really enjoy your blog! Jackie

    ReplyDelete