Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday, 10 March 2017

A lovely afternoon

I had a lovely lunch this afternoon with my friend Tripta.  She has been away in New Zealand for the past 4 months visiting her daughter Priya. It was so nice to have a good catchup and the walking group had a good chat about her holiday.  We did all joke with her about renting a house for a month in Delhi and paying Tripta to be our guide. We have all watched the Marigold Hotel.
My original plan was to cook pork shoulder steaks with Yorkshire puds, veg and gravy.  Annoyingly the only stock cubes that I had were beef.  Tripta is a Hindu and doesn't eat beef so I had a quick change of plan and it worked out really well.  I chopped some garlic and snipped a few sprigs of rosemary all over the pork steaks.  Then I bashed them with my rolling pin to work the rosemary and garlic into the meat.  I rolled them up into long sausage shapes, sprinkled them with olive oil, salt and loads of freshly ground pepper and placed them on a baking tray. I prepared another tray of spicy potato wedges.  I scrubbed the spuds and cut them into nice chunky wedges., drizzled a load of olive oil, scattered a teaspoon of turmeric and another of freshly ground pepper over them. I fnely chopped an onion and added it to the bowl of spuds.  I rubbed the oil, onions and seasoning into the wedges then covered everything with cling film and asked Tony to pop them in the oven at about 11.30 as I would be out walking with the group. Tripta and I were greeted with the lovely aroma of cooking when we got back.

On a totally different subject you may recall that last year I was invited to the Asian Ladies Christmas Party..  I was so touched to be invited by the group and promised them all a cuppa here in Kemp Castle.  Now that Tripta is back I hope to invite the ladies over before we sell up and move.  I did say that even if we move a bit of a distance there is nothing to stop the ladies coming over for the day.  We can have an explore of the area and then lunch back at my new house. It will be great to see them all again. I have missed walking with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment