Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday, 26 December 2016

Boxing Day

My Boxing Day started  with a nice walk in the park with some friends. Then it was back to my place for mince pies all round. The last of the crowd have just gone and I am now settling down for an hour on tinternet before hitting the choccies.  Tony has driven to Manchester to the match. He set off at  11.30 but hasn't arrived yet as the traffic jam is unbelievable. I doubt he will be back much before 8 tonight.
Hope you got the Christmas that you wished for.  I think ours was one of the best that I have had... I have booze aplenty, choccies to die for and today I have an afternoon all to myself.
Was Santa good to you? I received some lovely presents and was very spoilt with choccies and nice tipples. In fact, d'ya know what. I won't wait an hour before hitting the choccies, I shall have one now.  I will leave you with photo's of my friends.




5 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Cherie, you sound like you have had a wonderful Christmas.
    now I have to tell you, I'm with you, a Christmas choccy is perfect at any
    time of the day during christmas time.
    I have found a new christmas tipple, spiked (boozy) egg nog. Nothing like our
    advocaat, this is very very nice indeed.
    enjoy your peaceful afternoon.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne, hope Christmas is being wonderful for you. I always assumed egg nog was another word for Advokaat. I wonder if there is a recipe online.... I will have a look.

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Cherie, I know, I thought the same. When my son in law mentioned egg nog I immediately thought oh no, not advocaat, but I tried it and it was really nice. The colour of homemade custard, you think would put you off, but no, I was all about it. It is certainly is my new Christmas drink.
    I like the idea of not spending for 2017 and I would join you,but we are moving house this year so it would make it difficult to join in.
    I look forward to hearing about all your hints and tips.
    Best Wishes from Chicago.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Daphne. Where are you planning on moving to Tony and I are looking at tiny cottages in welsh mining villages. We are planning on downsizing and retiring this year. There are loads of little cottages in these villages and the prices are tiny. The gardens are huge too so I could grow a lot of my own veg and perhaps in time I might consider keeping a few chickens. I hope 2017 brings you every good thing that you hope for.

      Delete
  3. Good evening Cherie, how exciting for you. A move to a Welsh cottage sounds wonderful. Sadly our move is not as exciting. We are staying in Newcastle because we love the city. The airport is just upbthebroad. It has brilliant access to trains and its near to the coast.
    We had toyed with moving south but when we listed the fors and against, the fors outmatched the against.
    We are moving locally because we would love a larger garden, so it's going to be all go househunting when we return to England.
    It is almost midnight for you, where we have another 6 hours tovwait.
    Happy New Year and good luck with your househunting next year.
    Best Wishes.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete