Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 22 December 2016

Another little felted picture

Some time ago I was sent a parcel of wool roving from a company called Crafty Felt.com.  I hadn't planned to play with it until after Christmas but the wool is so soft and the colours so pretty that I just couldn't resist a litle try out. It is such a shame that the photograph really doesn't show the picture well.  The 'dry stone wall' looks very realistic and the cottages look so much nicer than my photo shows. I have had great fun blending roving from my stash with roving from Crafty Felt. You really can feel the difference in the quality of different colours in my stash.  The roving from Crafty Felt is really soft and silky while others in my stash are harsher and and not so soft.  Both have their place in my work and I love to blend the colours on my carders just as a painter mixes colours on a palette.


6 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I bet it is relaxing for you to do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It is a great stress reliever. Have a wonderful christmas

      Delete
  2. Brilliant :-)

    Happy Christmas Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Alison. Hope 2017 is a kind and prosperous year for you. xxx

      Delete
  3. That is lovely Cherie you I have been doing some felting as well since Stuart bought me a kit last Christmas. I made a hare. I have just started a rabbit with some natural colours that I bought. Yet another craft!! Where will it end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AnneMarie. It is a lovely craft isn't it. Why don't you and Stuart pop over one evening for a mince pie and a cuppa?

      Delete