Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

I never want to see another windfall apple

I have just peeled, chopped and cooked another panful of windfall apples.  I wouldn't mind if they were a straightforward 'peel, chop. cook' process.  These little blighters hide hidden nasties. I accept that they will be a bit bruised as they are windfall apples.... clue in the title......  Loads of the ones I am peeling have maggoty bits inside and this is only revealed when I cut into them. Oh well, at least we can have apple pie, apple crumble, apple sponge and if I get fed up of those we can have stewed apple.
Actually I may go and fish one of the small ones back out of the recycle bin as an idea has just hit me.  A former colleague many years ago showed me a shrunken head that he had made from an apple.  I have just had a quick look on google and there are loads of pictures and instructions if you fancy giving it a try.  If I can get mine to shrink without rotting I will share a photo in a few weeks time


2 comments:

  1. Yummy, all that apple :-)
    Shrunked head?? That I can't wait to see :-#

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaarrgggghhhh ...apples im infested with them

    ReplyDelete