Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Fudge update and a yucky mistake

What can I say........ it is absolutely gorgeous but not as firm as a commercial fudge. I can slice it without it sticking to the knife or collapsing.  I think I might be tempted to roll it into balls and coat it with grated chocolate or chopped nuts.  I did see another recipe which swapped the peanut butter for a large bar of chocolate.  I bet that would make for a firmer fudge so if I can get some condensed milk in Aldi at the weekend I will give it a try..... all in the name of research of course. :-)  I will use the darkest chocolate that I can find as I think a milk chocolate might end up being way too sweet for my taste.
Don't do what I did though.  I keep my silicon sheets in a jar in the 'washing powder cupboard'.  Never gave it a thought as I always wash them thoroughly before using.  It has left a slight hint of washing powder on the fudge... I did take it off the sheet last night as soon as I detected the taste but it is still there slightly in the background.... won't stop me eating this but the next fudge will be put onto wax paper.

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, never mind though, your insides will be nice and clean lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about adding dark chocolate to this recipe? It would help it set up better and have a wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be really tasty...... do you have a blog Jan?

      Delete
  3. No, I do write quite a lot about daily life and experiences but just send to folks who know me!

    ReplyDelete