Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Caramelised shrunken heads

I promise this is the last time I will mention apples this week...... unless you want a picture of tonights pudding. I had a look at a Martha Stewart 'shrunken heads' video and decided that they would make a fun pud...... so I have.  The oven is on, slowly roasting some pork for tea.  I snipped bits of rosemary all over it and it smells absolutely delish. Then I decided I would cook a couple of apple faces in the oven seeing as how it is on anyway.  I peeled and cored them and cut each one in half. Carve faces on each half and then sit them in a bowl of lemon juice to stop them going brown... I could have missed this step as I don't mind if they do brown.  Then I scattered some of my lovely orange sugar over them and put them on a baking tray in the oven.  The combination of pork and rosemary and orangey apple is filling my whole house.  It smells incredible and I only hope it tastes as good as it smells

3 comments: