Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Nice warm neck

The weather is slowly starting to become more autumnal. There is a slight nip in the air and before we know it, winter will be upon us.  I hate to have a cold neck but don't always want to wear a thick jumper indoors.  My neighbour Joan gave me a pattern for what I can only describe as a jumper topper.....  It probably has another name.  It is simply a short, sleeveless high necked tabard, designed to add an extra layer over the chest and neck.  The back part is much shorter than the front and is ideal under shirts or zipped top.  I finished this one yesterday and mastered the very stretchy bind off.  This has given it an incredible amount of stretch.  Here is a you tube link... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31nfF5pG-8I



3 comments:

  1. modesty inserts are what they called them on old knitting patterns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a cold day :-)

    p.s. I'm still in my shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember wearing them in the 60's when "V" neck jumpers were in style, long ones. We called them " V neck inserts" and you could buy them easily. Grand idea aren't they? Jan

    ReplyDelete