Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 11 September 2016

It's a beautiful day

The sun is shining and the sky is blue.   I was planning a run to Staithes today but would much prefer a day in the garden.  My fig tree looks so much happier now that it has been moved to the border. Sunflowers are really starting to open and the garden is absolutely full of colour.  It has been a real joy this year  with so many lovely plants flowering all through the season. I think I just might cut down the Hollyhock as it is taking up a huge space in the garden and doesn't have all that may flowers left on it.  I did cut a load of seed pods off the other day in the hope that the last of the new flowers would have chance to open. It does seem to have worked too.  My hanging basket tomatoes are really starting to produce fruit now.  The flavour is out of this world and I will hopefully have fresh tomatoes for several weeks.  Later today I will take a tour of my garden with my camera and come back to share the photos.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your beautiful garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Staithes on Friday and it was gorgeous...they were just gearing up for the Festival of Arts and Culture so we were lucky to get a sneek preview. I hope you enjoy your garden today and I look forward to your garden gallery. x

    ReplyDelete