Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 3 July 2016

I haven't killed him yet...... but today isn't over so there is still time.

 Last night, 'He Who Would Love To Be Obeyed' was nearly  bludgeoned to death after he snarled at me once too often while I was helping him build the log store. I had to remind him that I am not a mind reader and if he would like me to do something then it is very helpful if he actually tells me. Today I watched him faff about measuring one piece of wood,  cutting it and nailing it on.  Then he did the same with a second.  He was onto his third when I couldn't stand it anymore.  I sidled up to him and suggested he measure them all, cut them all and then nail them on.  In the end I did the measuring and nailing on while he cut them.  He is currently painting the log store with some sort of stain. It does look really very smart too.  I may venture down the garden with a cuppa for him.... and then again I might not  :-)

5 comments:

  1. I see what you are saying regards the cutting and nailing one at a time. Sometimes men need us women to give them a helping hand at being logical. Tom is the same and I always have to intervene as I would burst just watching him. lol
    As for the Clematis, I am not sure if they have a life span but I would assume so. Mine is several years old and was magnificent when it was younger but is gradually fading each year, bit like myself, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, I snapped at my beloved today when I asked him a yes or no question and he grunted! I did say 'If all you can manage are grunts could you do 1 grunt for yes and 2 grunts for no!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile :) Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me smile! Men do like to do things their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see your point. If you have several pieces of wood to cut all the same size, you only need to measure the first one, then use it as a pattern to cut all the others. Will you be filing for divorce soon, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete