Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 24 July 2016

An indulgent treat

I thought I deserved a little treat seeing as how we worked hard in the garden yesterday.  Tony went off to his rifle range and I sorted out my wardrobe.  Then I settled down with a bowl of home made yoghurt mixed with sliced strawberries and sprinkled with lavender sugar.  I didn't use my cut glass sugar sifter as the bits of lavender in the sugar kept getting stuck. I am hoping to make some rose flavoured sugar and see if that works better.  I used my pretty china though and it really did feel like a treat.  (the lovely caramel shortbread from Thorntons helped )  :-)


Yoghurt with strawberries, scattered with Lavender sugar.

The cup of tea was lovely

My first ever ribbon embroidery. I have a lot to learn but will keep trying

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! I notice your circular crocheted tablecloth. I made one for my mother in yellow with the pineapple design, it took me ( a novice ) three months to do. Now I don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you should use it. I absolutely adore that kind of thing and am planning on making a little tray cloth to put on my wooden tray. I haven't decided yet whether I will crochet it or embroider it. Depends which way the mood takes me.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, and served on pretty china, perfect, could you share your yogurt recipe sometime? I have an easiyo yogurt maker but only buy the sachets when I can find a good deal, I would love to try making my own. I love caramel shortbread, the Thorntons ones are just the right size, stops me over indulging. Your embroidery is very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum a well deserved treat :-)

    ReplyDelete