Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 20 July 2016

A lovely compliment (and a very small world)

Last night I gave a talk and little demonstration at a WI about ten miles from my home.  I was stunned to discover that one of the ladies had grown up in the same town in South Wales that I had.  She was twenty years older than me but had attended the same school with the same head teacher.  It was lovely chatting with someone who knew the area.  A little later in the evening, a lady came up to me and said that my talk/demonstration was the best one they had had this year. As you can imagine, I was absolutely delighted. The WI was a tiny little one with only 12 members but each and every lady was an absolute pleasure to chat with.  I was given a lovely glass of Pimms and a piece of home made 'Rocky Road'.  I think I need to have a chat with my own WI about refreshments  :-)   In truth the WI that I visited, normally just have a nice cup of tea.  The Pimms and Cakes were simply due to the fact that WI is closed during August.

No comments:

Post a Comment