Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 30 April 2016

I've got my poet head on today

It is such a beautiful morning that I couldn't stay in bed so went out and did a litter pick.  It was lovely chatting with other early risers and I collected tons of (well not literally but heck of a lot) rubbish. I love Nunthorpe and it saddens me to see the mess that collects under the hedgerows.  I know some of it will be wind blown but an awful lot has just been thrown there. It is not okay to push your empty can or crisp packet into someones hedge.

I’ve just been for a litter pick

With dark green bag and litter stick

You’d almost think it was a sin

To put your litter in a bin

I drew the line at poop in bags

But did collect discarded fags

And empty cans and bottles of pop

And several colours of plastic top

So please, before you throw it down

Stop and think about our town

1 comment:

  1. Great poem Cherie :-)

    As a child I was taught to take my litter home. I brought my children up with this ethos too.
    Can't abide seeing litter dropped - I always make a comment to the person "Oh you dropped something" or "there's a bin over there" :-((((

    ReplyDelete