Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 14 February 2016

Beautiful Valentines day flowers

Happy Valentines day everyone. I asked Tony not to buy me overpriced red roses as I don't buy into all that commercial hype....... he surprised me with a huge bunch of carnations and gypsophilla instead....   :-)......    I was absolutely chuffed to bits as they have a really special significance to me. When we first got together he arrived at my house all scrubbed and smelling gorgeous carrying a red carnation that he had picked from his garden.  I still smile when I think of that flower...I pressed it and put it in a frame which I have next to my bed.  The colour has faded away but the flower is very dear to me.  Isn't it funny the sort of things that we cherish.  It has nothing to do with spending huge amounts of money.
I thought you might like to see the flowers before I put them into different rooms.  The pretty coloured ones in the centre of the display he bought me a couple of weeks ago.


2 comments: