Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Fifty shades of grey

Oh, how I knew you couldn't resist a peep at that title.  Sadly you are going to be disappointed as I am simply updating you on the state of my hair.  You may recall that this time last year I decided to ditch the dye.  Well it has been the best thing that I could have done.  My hair is so much softer and as it grows really quickly it didn't take too long to grow it out. I did make the mistake of having it cut really REALLY short... and didn't like it at all.  I now am encouraging longer layers but love the short hairstyle that I have now. It is so easy to take care of and I have saved a fortune by not having to buy dye. In fact I am now going to spend my savings and have a little splurge on one of my favourite craft websites.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a bit of grey ( or as I call it "expensive silver highlights "lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! But I've been dying my hair a dark brown since I was 14. I was completely grey by the time I was 4o (premature grey is a tendency in our family...the only thing that is mature in our family). When I told my stylist I wanted to go grey she said we had to do it slow or my hair would turn orange. Almost there and loving it.Grey is IN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep a little bit at the front blonde, just to liven things up a bit but as for full head dye, like you I don't bother anymore. Can't wait for it all to go white/.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never regretted ditching the dye about fifteen years ago now. I think grey matches my skin tone better than any of the colours in a packet. I've gone really short but have seen other people pull off all sorts of different styles. You don't have to look granny-ish at all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cherie
    I have embraced my silver highlights too - well, if Julie Walters and Judi Dench can look that good, why not the rest of us mortals?!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete