Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 30 December 2015

my frugal 2015

Last year my friend Anona suggested we try feeding ourselves on £1 per person each day........ so I tried and pretty much succeeded.  This doesn't count special days like birthdays and obviously Christmas but pretty much every other day. In fact there were quite a few days when the £1 fed me for two days in a row.  In truth I don't use a lot of meat in recipes and that makes sticking to the £1 much easier. I was able to use quite a bit from my tiny veg plot too. This year I plan to do the same and am already planning the planting for the veggie plot. I have started a new blog called.. 'Tightening my belt in 2016' and will log all my successes and failures. If anyone has any recipes for cheap but nourishing and tasty meals I would really appreciate them. I will of course credit them to the sender and link to your blog/website.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to following both your blogs in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already got the first frugal under my belt. Made a very appropriate birthday card for my 88year old today friend. Lets just say two fat ladies figured heavily. Everything used was inthe heap. She will be delighted with the effort and thought put in. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cherie, thanks for stopping by My Zero Waste and leaving a comment. For me we love rice and dahl. You can make it for pence, and you can add so many options and varieties. It's also a great way to hide all the limp veg you might otherwise throw out - a carrot grated into the dahl, or an onion that has sprouted all make fine additions :)

    Also home made soup is a winner - again, use up all those things that might otherwise be wasted and you can bulk it out with barley or split peas, then top with dumplings for a stew the following day.

    If you buy mince, you can make that go further with the addition of a handful of oats, barley, lentils etc.

    Have fun with your new blog; I'd love to be inspired by your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete