Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 23 December 2015

How pathetic (bit of a rant)

I am seriously annoyed having just got off the phone with a friend.  She started walking in a group earlier this year and not only did she lose weight and feel so much fitter but she has made a good circle of friends. I happened to ask how the walking was going only to discover that she doesn't go anymore.  The reason????????......... her partner is jealous that there are some men in the group and get this...... she chats to them when she walks????????????????? WHAT?????????.   He will be telling her next that she has to give up work as there are men in the office.  I don't understand jealousy at all and haven't a jealous bone in my body. I like to think that Tony and I will be together until we die of old age and I know he feels the same way about me. But if he would be happier with someone else than he is with me I would want him to be that happy. I would be insulted to think some nasty petty small minded person could even think to read something into a friendship. I did suggest that she forms a walking group for ladies only just as I did.  I am so pleased that we insisted on making it a ladies only group.  I can't be bothered with pathetic jealous partners (of either sex) making someones life a misery with their nasty little imaginings.  Well seeing as how I am ranting I may as well get it all over with. One of my friends is gay and before she met her current partner she would call around now and then for a cuppa and a catchup.  She doesn't call in for a cuppa and a chat anymore as her partner is jealous. I really do want to say to her partner... OH GROW UP.  I won't of course but shall just smile sweetly if I run into them...... rant over......   

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, how pathetic is that??? I think your friend needs a new partner, as it can only get worse, like you said, will he insist she gives up work? Cannot abide petty jealousy either xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that not only jealousy but a 'controlling behaviour' coming through there - I'd be running in the opposite direction from him if I was her (think youre really good for smiling sweetly and not saying anything)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a boyfriend like that. I dumped him.

    ReplyDelete